Friday, March 2, 2012

Conversation 1

"It is if you're buying the next one," the women replied; stopping the stirring and turning her head; shining her bright, heavenly smile.

"But its not what you're drinking now? Maybe you just want a martini."

"You should play harder to get; its almost a given that you're going to buy me a drink. Catch up junior, I do this all the time."

"Well, its just as easy to say no," John replied; taken aback but rolling with it. It was so much easier to be unlike yourself around people you didn't know.

"You can't say no to me; you couldn't say no to me the moment you saw me from across the bar. I'm surprised you even came over. Usually I come to a bar like this if I don't want to get hit on."

"What, you don';t like the occasional stare from the 60 odd year old?"

"Is that who usually hangs out here? Looks like we're both out of place. Now, let me get even more...hi my name is Ginger. It is for now at least," she said; extending her hand in the fish like manner that all women had somehow been taught was the right way to shack hands.

"Is it going to change at midnight?"

"No, that's when my pumpkin rolls in front to pick me up. If you're lucky it may change by the end of the night. You have to be real lucky though John....John. That's plain isn't it? What does plain John do for a living?"

John squinted his eyes and watched her face tilt back in an odd manner; her hand returning to her straw.

"You don't like that I called you plain? My apologizes, really. I sometimes take men aback by being too forward or...too...how do they say it in English movies? Forthcoming. Sometimes, though, I just do it to make men annoyed with me. It seems men don't like it when girls talk too much about interesting things; they can't zone out than and they end up finding an excuse for why they shouldn't talk to the girl. You think that's what I'm doing with you?" she said; returning her eyes up; her other hand grabbing her sliver, heart necklace.

"No, I think you would have just been a bitch because sometimes people expect that out of attractive women."

"Honest John; not plain John. No, its not that. I want to talk to you because, just now, I've realized what I wanted to talk to you about this whole time. I want to talk to you about going out for a drink. Why do you go out to a bar, generally and, then, why did you go out tonight?" she said; finishing the rest of her drink.

"Did you want a martini?" John asked; looking to the other side to see the bartender occupied.

"Yes dear; after you answer my question."

"What if I don't want to?"

"You don't want to talk to me John? Am I that boring and just better to look at from across the bar?"

"No, its not that....I just don't know whats in it for me Ginger? You know where this is going," John said; feeling comfort smooth over him and, at this moment, totally content with just talking to this vixen and temptress of words.

"If I like you John I will give you my number. If not, I'll at least stick around to get one more drink out of you," she said; smiling again, crossing her legs, and still playing with the necklace.

"I go out to drink to get away from things every once in a while. Usually if I'm alone I'll go out to drink for that soul purpose. Only lately have I been going out alone just to try to meet women."

"Oh, you need a wingman?"

"Its a comfort thing, ya. But, I go out to drink to mainly have fun."

"The fun involves hitting on women?"

"Sometimes, ya. But, some nights, you just don't feel like doing it you know. You're just go out to have fun and get away."

"You think I can ever do that?"

"What, go out and have fun? Ya, why you wouldn't you? Hell, I think its easier for women. You can just sit wherever and be beautiful, drink, and party. Its all up to the men to make the first move. Hell, to see the contrast in talking between a group of guys and a group of girls at a bar. The girls are having fun; all the time. They might be thinking about certain guys, ya...but....they don't have their friends saying anything to them; pestering them to go and try to get laid. With guys, well....I'll stop. What do you think of that? Is it easier for women to go out?"

"If you're a seven, ya. If you're a ten....sometimes it all gets boring. Women aren't pictured as doing this; drinking alone at some bar. You say its societal acceptance for men to make the first move but...its almost societal acceptance for women to entertain any dork that walks up to them and tries to make a go at it. I mean...its not polite to just tell them to fuck off; you have to sit there, smile and try to very awkwardly show them that you're disinterested. Now, I used to do that. Now I'm forthcoming because I believe any human being should be able to disavow themselves to a bar to not be bugged by societal paradigms.

That's why if I didn't have the slightest interest in you I would have told you, straight up...not tonight. But, you continue to surprise Plain John."

John laughed and smiled at her. Where did they grow women like this?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment