Friday, February 3, 2012

Music of the Moment

I've been pulling some long work weeks and there's nothing like good tunes to get you through it. These songs have been coming through on the Rdio playlist:


  1. "I Love My Label"-Wilco
  2. "Ghost"- Kid Cudi (under rated lyricist; sometimes I feel like his songs were written to cater to me) 
  3. "Dog Days Are Over"-Florence and the Machine (Great; that's all)
  4. "Lonely Boy"-Black Keys (If you didn't listen to Brothers, it still won't make up for it but, listen to this album)
  5. Any song from "21"-Adele (all you bros out there don't hate, just listen to it all the way through and you'll understand)
  6.  "Ni**as In Paris"-Jay-Z and Kanye (the "Blades of Glory" sound bit gets me every time)
  7. "Take It or Leave It"-The Strokes (awesome amount of attitude in this song)
  8. "Rocks Off"-The Rolling Stones (first song on my second favorite album of all time, "Exile On Main Street", it converted me from a Beatles man to a Stones man)
  9. "Close to Me"-The Cure (If you got to start off a morning right, you got to do it with this song)
  10. "A Strange Arrangement"-Meyer Hawthrone (Hello Motown)
  11. "Soul to Squeeze"- Red Hot Chili Peppers (its a sin not to listen to one of their songs at least once a day)
  12. The Smile Sessions-Beach Boys (audio tracks of them trying to get Heros and Villians right and creating an album. Gets you into the mind of Brain Wilson and is a journey through a process that rarely gets as much hype as the singles on the radio; creating an album)
  13. "Tighten Up"-The Black Keys (There on here twice but, they're my band of the moment)

No comments:

Post a Comment